An easy New Mexican-style blue corn pancake recipe. Course Breakfast Cuisine New Mexican Keyword blue corn masa Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings 4 servings
- 3/4 cup Blue Corn Masa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- maple syrup
- toasted pine nuts optional
- In a medium bowl, combine blue corn masa, sugar, and salt and stir. Add in boiling water and mix well. Cover with a towel and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, and melted butter, stirring well until fully incorporated. Add to masa mix and stir.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly add to masa mix, and stir until just incorporated. Add more milk if the batter is too thick.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Cook until the sides of the pancakes are covered with bubbles, then flip and repeat until the other side is golden brown.Note: these pancakes take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes, so cook an additional 30 seconds if necessary.Serve with maple syrup and toasted pinon nuts, if desired.
You must be logged in to post a comment.