- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grapefruit zest
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp grapefruit zest
1. For the Cookies: preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the zest. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until creamy. Add the sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the extracts. Beat in the yolk. Beat in the egg. Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat until well blended.
5. Add the flour mixture to the bowl. Beat on low until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
6. Scoop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1″ of space between each.
7. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the tops are no longer shiny. Transfer the cookies immediately to racks to cool.
8. For the Icing: combine the powdered sugar and juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the zest.
9. Dip the tops of the cookies in the icing, letting any excess drip off. Set right-side up on the rack. Allow the icing to set. Serve!