If you remember that Vizio TV we were having problems with about three weeks ago you’ll be absolutely tickled to know that we JUST got it back from Buffalo NY where we had to send it — and it still doesn’t work. The problem was with the TV no longer responding to the remote (which control is supposed to do everything — the only control on the TV itself is a simple on/off switch).
You may remember the timeline.
- Initial call, temporary fix lasted 6 days.
- Second call, return to factory, wait for shipping documens elapsed time 7 days.
- Receive shipping container and ship same day to Buffalo. In transit time 3 days.
- Received by warranty company and turned around in 7 days.
- Return shipment to us 5 more days.
We were 28 days with it, when it arrived today. (We do still have the TV in the bedroom — but who wants to lay in bed all the time?) I plugged it in and it’s exactly like it was when we shipped it out to Asurion for the repair.
I called the Walmart Care Plan people again. The first person I talked with took me through all the preliminaries and when he asked me what was happening now, as soon as I explained what wasn’t working, after 2 1/2 minutes of hearing me just fine, he suddenly couldn’t hear me anymore. So, I called back and this time after about the same time I was told that they would review my problem and call me back — within the next 2 days.
We’ll see how this goes….
Thanks for stopping by, I’ll be here tomorrow, why not stop by.