It appears that when you blog every day and then you take a day or two off people get worried. Let me assure you there’s nothing to worry about!
We are in a holding pattern on so many different fronts it’s ridiculous. So, sometimes the best thing to do is just breathe: in, out, in, out. It’s really not very hard, and it’s kind of fun to do (as in the alternative of NOT breathing at all!) I’ll only comment on three areas where we are sort of ’stuck’ waiting on the actions of others and leave it at that.
On the medical front like everyone else we’re getting a little older and that’s about all you can say about that. ‘Stuff’ doesn’t work as well as when we were born. Surprise, surprise!
One of our doctors has decided to change our meds — so we’ll be hanging around here for at least 6 weeks while he goes through his “check-on-you-adjust-wait-two-weeks-check-on-you-adjust-wait-two-weeks” thing. Have to give the body a chance to adjust and stabilize. No way to hasten that process.
We see another doctor today and there’s a chance she may change something too — I saw my blood work already (aren’t online test results wonderful) and there have been a few changes and only the doctor knows what she may or may not want to do about them — if anything.
On the positive side, we’re close to family (for amusement), at a RV park we can afford to stay (happy wallet), and the weather is still glorious — what’s so bad about that?
Our hoped for plan is to leave on Nov 1, but we could stay here until some time in December without too much cold OR snow. That’s not the plan, but that is the reason why we choose to do Annual stuff at this time of year.
Wherever we are, we usually take side trips and try to keep life interesting. But for a while we’re going to hang close to the coach. I’m not on any medical restriction, but when the doctor warns you to call if I in case of side effects I just figure I have other things to do, let’s just hang close.
I’ve never been the typical guy-who-never-goes-to- the-doctor. My dad had more than his share of problems and so I grew up with an awareness of the importance of good healthcare. That doesn’t mean that I like those appointments, nor does it mean that I don’t stress out about those appointments. My BP is always higher when I visit the doctor than when I use my BP machine at home. I’m not sure whether this time that ‘White Coat Syndrome’ might be part of the reason I’m going meds re-evaluation. But, it is what it is. Hopefully we’ll suss it out in the next few weeks.
On the ‘suggestion’ side — when I picked up the new med the pharmacist did the usual advise and consent thing. He mentioned something worth passing on. He suggested that on my next visit to the doctor that I take along my home BP kit and compare it’s readings with those the nurse takes to see how closely the two are calibrated. I thought that was a very good idea. And today when I make another visit to a different doctor I’ll do just that.
I believe in paying attention to my premonitions. Even though I’ve been feeling well, I had an email interchange with my Cardiologist in August from which I got the feeling he was going to want to do more than just a single office visit. Of course all that means our plans for Bosque del Apache NWW had to change. Not long after arriving in Milwaukee Peg & I talked over the New Mexico gig and with some degree of reluctance I called our boss and begged off our commitment for this year. Better to call and talk things over with them sooner rather than later. Our boss was very gracious about it all and invited us to reschedule when things have sorted themselves out. He was happy that we called as early as we did, giving him time to replace us.
We’re still waiting on the SIL to get over here with the new Micro/Conv. I love my SIL but we have two different internal clocks and getting them in sync isn’t always easy. He knew we had appointments all this week (made a long time ago) so once we got past last weekend when there existed an opportunity to install we knew nothing would happen this week. Perhaps this weekend or next week.
We’re in the same boat about the refrigerator change-out. The internal temp is holding; we aren’t confident in the Norcold at this point; we put only minimal provisions into it. Psychologically we need to replace that thing. Even if someone could guarantee me that it wouldn’t fail again I’m fairly sure I’d pull it out anyway. I just don’t feel good about it any more.
I don’t want to order the new one until Mike comes over to do the Micro/Conv install — while he’s here we can look at the cavity below the existing refrigerator and agree whether or not to attempt a larger install than the 11 cu ft Whirlpool we have settled on. We can live with 11 cu ft, that size will draw less power than a larger one, but everyone else seems to be going larger I just want to explore the possibilities before placing the order.
Then there is the whole thing about getting scheduling. We agreed that we’ll drive the coach over to his shop so tools and materials are handy. That means a daily 12 mile roundtrip during the changeover. There’s no place we can park overnight on their residential street and we’re too long anyway — there’s a fire hydrant right in front of their house. Getting the job done in two days would be really sweet, if that’s possible.
That’s about where we stand. Internally, it seems we have spent an inordinate amount of time just driving around town. I know that’s not really true — it just seems that way. I’m an antsy sort of guy who doesn’t even sit (literally) still. I’m always doing something. To complicate matters, I don’t like uncertainty — I’ve always been the “Think it, Do it” kind of guy. I’m learning to be patient. The problem being that I’m not all that sure I want to learn patience. 😳
There you have it. If you were concerned — don’t be. Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll talk with you tomorrow.