We have decided against new flooring in the coach. Even though the carpeting is aging we can still get another couple years out of it. Considering that we bought the coach last April, and immediately purchased two area rugs to cover the worst of the lounge spots — we might as well get a little wear out of those rugs which would probably not be appropriate after changing flooring. The job would have cost more than we choose to spend on it at this time. Simple decision — the estimate exceeded our budget and that’s that.
No longer having to visit Indiana we didn’t have any problem setting our plan in place. We’ll be at the Corps of Engineers campground at Thomson Causeway starting July 1. That way if our daughter wants to visit during the July 4th weekend it’s a possibility — and if not — we’re still in a place we like.
We’ll revisit some of our old haunts, Blackhawk Park, Highland Ridge and Interstate State Park, but we are also adding a new stop — Perrot State Park near Trempeleau WI.
Our biggest reason was to be in an area where we could visit our G-kid after she makes the move to Minneapolis! We’ll be within a day’s drive for 3 weeks and we’re hoping to get a couple chances to enjoy some time together.
We also decided that after last year’s satisfactory stay at the Wis State Fair RV park that this year we’ll return there for a month and spend some time around the old town. We miss Balestreri’s Pizza and a few other things.
And we’ll be coming back here next winter. We have yet to make that reservation but it’s a pretty sure thing.
As for the time between now and July 1 — about that we aren’t as sure. Right now we’re thinking of that follows — but I have to confess that there is a part of us that is considering an unexpected departure from anything we have talked about up until this morning. So, here’s is the current leader on the board, and if it changes we’ll let you know. If we change our mind it will be sooner rather than later.
Blanco Lavender Festival
That leaves a gap for us for the month of June. And we are going to take in the Blanco Lavender Festival. The festival, however, takes place in the middle of the month and we have time to fill before that, and we have to get ourselves up to Illinois in two weeks and 2 days. Plenty of time.
We’re thinking of splitting the 15 days between the time we leave Palmdale and the end of the Lavender festival between three separate Texas State Parks. We have limited experience of the Texas park system and this is a good time to experiment.
After the festival — who knows what we may do. We are Passport America members — we may try out some of their campgrounds, or do a few nights with Uncle Wally, or stop at a National Park or Corps of Engineers campground — We’ll figure out all the details as we have time.
We also want to make a point of returning to Galveston Island State Park on our way back to Palmdale next fall — it is a much nicer park than the weather or our health allowed us to investigate last year. And between Galveston and Palmdale we’ll make a point of stopping at Mustang Island SP for a few nights — to correct our negligence of not having stopped thus far.
Everyone’s heard about the beauty of Texas Bluebonnets. And this year we hope to see some of them! The time frame is mid-March to mid-April and we’re looking for resources to help us in our plan to instantaneously-pick-up-stakes-and-go-see-them. Among them is the Texas Bluebonnets Sightings page on Facebook. I’m hoping that people who see them will post; we’ll see. In the meantime I’m hunting for other sources of info and we’ll be on the alert. We’ll check that our Go Bag is up to date and we’ll be ready to roll at a moment’s notice!
The future is looking up. I’d say we were getting excited — but with three more months here before we leave it’s too early to get excited — stay in the moment!
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll talk with you tomorrow.