Today is moving day. But we aren’t moving where we thought we would be moving.
El Doctore wants me to see a specialist and the earliest appointment I can get is Monday at 7:45 a.m.. My new specialist, it seems, has been in Italy for a week and I’ll be his first appointment after getting back. I’m just hoping he’s not jet-lagged when he reads my tests. 🙂
So, that means a change in plans. Thomson Causeway is a little too far away to be making trips back and forth to the doctor; and WI state parks limit a stay to 14 days; after which you have to be gone for at least 7 days. So, the easiest — literally — is for us to make a minimal move to Milwaukee, and the only RV campground in Milwaukee County is at the Wisconsin State Fair grounds. And that’s where we’re headed for 7 nights. By that time we’ll know whether we need to hang out here longer (hopefully not) or whether we can continue on our merry way. That would allow us to spend a few days in Thomson, or alternatively head South immediately. In either event we won’t make any decisions until after our appointment next Monday morning.
The day, however was very productive.
- We saw our new financial guy — we were content with him, his knowledge and the questions he asked. I think we’ll stick with him long enough to see if he’s as good as he sounds.
- We picked up packages from our mailing address.
- We stopped off at our bank and I talked with my regular banker about some issues with our newly replaced credit cards.
- We dropped off documents at the safe deposit box.
- We found a new space heater to replace the one that burnt out last May — too early/late in the season to find a space heater in the Florence area.
- We went over to the State Fair RV park and checked out where we’ll be spending the next week; making a reservation for tomorrow while we were there.
- We even had time to stop off at one of our old stomping grounds, Amelia’s, for a quick bite and we were instantly recognized and welcomed back.
By the time we got back home we were tuckered. It felt good to sit down for a piece and just get our feet up off the ground. Isn’t it amazing how wonderful such a simple thing can feel!!!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are going to be a chance to kick back with no appointments, and being near to our daughter. I’m sure we’ll take time for a walk along the lakefront — another of our old stomping grounds. There is currently construction going on right adjacent to the RV campground — so being IN the city, and being NEXT to the construction zone will be a quantum leap from the peace and contentment of the forest, but that’s what happens when you live an unscripted life.
Thanks for stopping by and I’ll talk with you tomorrow.