Approval on my post-COBRA medical insurance came through yesterday. I’m a happy guy. I only need it for 10 months but still and all it’s better to have some protection against uncertainty. I’m glad there was still availability of coverage through the Wisconsin HIRSP program. I’ll never understand what makes someone eligible under one plan and ineligible under another. But mine is not to question why. Mine is to pay my premiums and be thankful for what I have.
On that same wavelength — I’m reminded how much medical care has changed in the last decade. I take the same meds today that I have for the last ten years. Ten years ago my med bill was pretty close to $100.00 per month. Today it’s about $27.00 a month. Today I dropped off the drug formulary for my new insurance plan. My doctor said if I did that she would re-write my scrips using the details of the formulary to get me the lowest cost package. Now THAT I found to be particularly interesting. I never thought of collaborating with my doctor to get better prices. Go Figure.
We also had our life insurance agent in for a chat. It was reassuring to know that our plans through the years have worked out better than I had hoped. Another box ticked off our to do list for pre-departure.
Working on our travel plans has raised issues that we had tabled last fall without decision. One of them was modifications to Journey. One change is replacing our sofa with a better condition and less scratchy fabric. Winnebago’s sofa prices are too high for my taste. We considered having our current sofa recovered. But counting the fasteners underneath — some 20 large screws down through the floor — I’m not in a big hurry to tackle the project in the cold. Might we do it while on the road, and parked in an RV park for a month or more? Or still decide to tackle it before we leave. I’ll keep you posted.
We are planning on installing a DISH receiver. Along with that, I’ve been considering replacing the manual satellite antenna with an automatic one (roof mounted).
And we have an electrical issue with our inverter interface panel. I’m not yet sure if it’s really a problem or not. I’ll be on the phone to Lichtsinn in a day or two. And then we’ll suss out whether to coordinate with them, and head to Iowa for service from when we’d begin our Spring travels a little earlier than our May 4 plan. Or perhaps we may find a suitable repair outlet closer. I’m doing some research on that as well.
With three service projects, and an open travel plan it just might make sense to route through Iowa and then turn in some random direction from there and see where we end up. Or if I can find a service shop nearby that I like we might route through them.
It feels good getting started on our pre-departure check list! I’ve been treading water for too long and I need the exercise of getting out of the house and out into the air.
You see. I don’t need much to be happy — just projects I can actually do something about!!!!